The Sr. Managed Services Engineer is responsible for resolving incoming technical telephone requests, service desk tickets, and email requests for technical assistance on a wide variety of hardware and software applications. Consistent customer care, quality standards, and reporting requirements are core competencies of the position. Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and fluctuations in workflow are requirements of the Sr. Managed Services Engineer role as well as the ability to multitask.
- Incident and Request Handling
- Provide comprehensive technical support services to support customers
- Work within Service Level Agreements, as dictated by contract
- Follow defined incident and problem management process to manage, resolve and escalate requests
- Use all available Knowledge Management Tools during the incident or request
- Take all necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction
Incident and Request Logging
- Create and submit detailed notes documenting customer interactions within the ticketing system. Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are key.
- Confirm and update customer profile information as needed
- Promptly notify management of any potentially “dissatisfied" customers
- Follow all documented escalation procedures, including hand off times, for issues requiring 3rd party intervention
Open Incident and Request Management
- Follow all documented procedures to handle open incidents or requests, including monitoring open ticket queues, placing follow up phone calls, etc.
- Thursday - Sunday 10pm to 10am
- Previous experience working for a Managed Services Provider.
- Use of a ticketing system.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving issues with:
- local and network printers
- Administration of Windows Servers
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange and Remote Desktop Services
- LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Operating Systems (Desktop and Server)
- Experience with implementation, configuration, migration and monitoring of firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers from following vendors:
- Palo Alto
- Experience IPsoft IPcenter and Kaseya is a plus
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.